- Awards Period: 1 December 2012 to 30 November 2013
- Nomination is to be done electronically via the internet at Samsung 2013 Hong Kong Sports Stars Awards official website (http://sportstar2013.hkolympic.org). Online nomination system would be opened for data submission from now till 13 December 2013
- Please submit the Nomination Form/s generated from the online system, duly declared and signed by the nominated athlete/s or team representative and one NSA Elected Officer with NSA seal, together with the following items to the Secretariat of SF&OC at 2/F, Olympic House, 1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong on or before 5:00 pm, 13 December 2013 (Please mark “Samsung 2013 Hong Kong Sports Stars Awards Nomination Form/s” on the envelope):
- For individual nominees, please submit one recent passport size photo (White background) and one action photo;
- For teams, please submit one recent passport size photo of each athlete (White background) and one team photo; and
- Please put down the name of the athlete and the respective national sports association on the back of each photo
- Online nomination system will be closed after 5:00 pm, 13 December 2013. Late submission of the nomination form will not be accepted
- Nomination form cannot be amended, withdrawn or substituted after submission
- All nomination forms must be duly declared and signed with Association’s seal. Incomplete nomination form/s will not be accepted
- For enquiries of the Awards, please contact the Secretariat of SF&OC at Tel: 2504 8563
OBLIGATION OF THE ATHLETES AND TEAMS
- All nominees are obliged to attend all functions of the Samsung 2013 Hong Kong Sports Stars Awards.
- All nominees are also obliged to assist the Organizer in associated publicity activities
- In order to be eligible for any of the award categories in the Awards, when nominating the athletes / teams, NSAs should ensure that the nominees are available and be present to accept the award/s at the Awards Presentation Ceremony cum SF&OC Spring Dinner on 13 March 2014. Exemption would only be granted in the following grounds :-
- (i). Who would be representing Hong Kong to participate in the multi-sports Games, World Championship or Asian Championship of its own sport and might be unable to attend the Awards Presentation Ceremony. However, NSAs must inform the Federation the absence of its nominees and the reason in writing, when the nomination is submitted.
- (ii). Absence of athletes due to sickness or accident and has to be hospitalized could also be exempted with medical certificate submitted to the Federation by the doctor of the said hospital.
- (iii). Other reasons to be approved and subject to the discretion of the Management Panel consisting the President, Hon. Secretary General of SF&OC and Chairperson of HKSSA Organizing Committee and the decision thereof shall be final and conclusive.